NEW YORK — Hold that final curtain for "Avenue Q."
More from TODAY.com
Jersey Shore to celebrate re-opening 7 months after Sandy
Seven months after being devastated by the worst storm in New Jersey history, most of the beaches and boardwalks of the Je...
- Man finds first Superman comic stuffed in wall
- Girl, 14, rocks Internet with Van Halen guitar solo
- One-of-a-kind African school gives girls 'Right to Dream'
- Cops stand in for fallen officer at daughter's kindergarten graduation
- Jersey Shore to celebrate re-opening 7 months after Sandy
Producer Kevin McCollum says the Tony-winning musical, which had its final Broadway performance Sunday night, will move to off-Broadway next month.
The show about twentysomethings in New York searching for life and love will begin performances Oct. 9 at New World Stages.
McCollum made the announcement from the stage of Broadway's Golden Theatre after what was the musical's last performance. Said the producer: "'Avenue Q' is staying in the Broadway neighborhood." The closing-night audience cheered.
New World Stages is located five blocks from the Golden Theatre in midtown Manhattan.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.