LOS ANGELES — Before jetting off to Las Vegas to host a pool party at Wet Republic at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas on Saturday, Jon Gosselin sat down with ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Friday for his first interview following his split from Kate Gosselin.
During the interview, which is scheduled to air in the next week, Jon is reportedly, “very open and honest” about Kate and the future of their TLC series, an E! source claimed.
The source initially said that, “TLC has had him on a gag order and he’s sick of it,” and that, “Jon basically comes right out and says he’s worried the show is ‘exploiting’ his eight children.”
The source continues that, “Jon says he doesn’t see himself as a celebrity, but because the public does, it will make it hard for him to go back to a normal life and a normal job. He wants to stay in the TV industry and has a lot of ideas.”
However, the reality dad also told E!, “I’m not saying TLC is exploiting my children. But I do believe the media and tabloids covering my family and the show for their own financial gain are the ones exploiting them. I have said on numerous occasions TLC has afforded my kids a better life and has helped provide a better roof on their heads.”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Jon is slated to meet with clothing designer Christian Audigier on Monday, who he linked up with weeks ago in France.
“Everything’s in the works,” Jon said of a possible business venture with the Ed Hardy designer.
Copyright 2013 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.