Ioan Gruffudd, star of the “Fantastic Four” series, is gearing up to be a dad.
More Entertainment stories
Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
- Every on-screen drink in 'Mad Men' in 5 minutes
- See the 'Dancing' stars' most memorable moves
- Emmy's biggest snubs? Cranston, Hamm, more
- 'Toy Story' toys burn up in prank on mom
- Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
The actor’s wife, Alice Evans, 37, an English actress, is pregnant with the couple’s first child, his rep confirmed to Access Hollywood.
The baby will be the first for the couple, who married in 2007.
Last year, Gruffudd, 35, told the U.K.’s Telegraph newspaper that he and his wife were looking to start a family.
“I have my eyes on a brood of three,” he told the paper at the time. “Ideally I would love a little daughter born in the same month as Alice, because then she would be this strong-headed, fun-loving young thing and it would be great to have two women with that kind of energy in the house.”
Copyright 2013 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.