Battle Creek, Mich. — A Michigan zoo is hosting an exotic, erotic afternoon on Valentine's Day, when consenting adults will get an unabashed look at how wild animals make babies.
More from TODAY.com
TODAY's Takeaway: Golden Globe fever, Nigella's big fan, cutest puppy ever
1. The 71st annual Golden Globes nominations reveal Thursday provided a thrill for dozens of actors and filmmakers, includ...
- Artist transforms small studio into stunning dreamscapes
- Fey, Poehler star in grand promos for Golden Globes
- Oprah has Oscar chance despite Globes snub
- 'Keep it moving': New Yorkers sour on holiday tourists
- TODAY's Takeaway: Golden Globe fever, Nigella's big fan, cutest puppy ever
WWMT-TV says the $50-per-couple, adults-only event at Binder Park Zoo — dubbed "Zoorotica" — is sold out and there's even a waiting list.
Visitors will receive champagne, hors d'oeuvres, a video presentation and a guided tour, including the homes of snow leopards, giraffes, zebras and various primates and reptiles. Some stops will be areas not usually open to the public.
The Web site for the Binder Park Zoo promises that "experienced and unabashed staff will lead you on a tour exploring the sexual lives of animals. Biting, clawing, scratching and mid-air acrobatics, animals have a way of reproducing that can be beautiful and brutal at the same time!”
The zoo's site calls “Zoorotica” an “exciting and educational experience” that will teach visitors “about the love lives of the scaly and slimy, the furry and fanged, and the feathered and flighted.”
The Battle Creek Enquirer reports that other zoos have offered similar programs — with cute names like "Woo at the Zoo" and "Jungle Love."
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.