Recipe: Buffalo chicken pizza
Confused? Don’t be. This is all the great taste of those spicy little chicken wings, except in a pizza — and no bones to deal with.
- 4 tablespoons (1⁄2 stick) butter
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce (not like Tabasco but more a Louisiana-style “Frank’s” is good)
- 21⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken (from a precooked deli chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese salad dressing any kind, but the chunkier, the better
- One 12-inch ready-made pizza crust, like Boboli
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat the oven to 425ºF. In a small pot, melt the butter with the hot sauce, stir well, and remove from the heat. Add the chicken and mix well. Spread the blue cheese dressing on the pizza crust, then top with the chicken mixture. (Don’t worry if it’s messy, because it will be). Top with the mozzarella. Bake until bubbly, brown, and awesome looking, 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the cilantro, cut into wedges, and serve.
Makes one 12-inch pizza