Recipe: Roasted pork leg
- Whole pork leg
- Bitter orange juice (or lemon-orange)
- Cumin powder ( 4 tbls)
- Oregano (4 tbls)
- Garlic (16 cloves)
- Fresh ginger (4 tbls)
- Annato oil (or oil with paprika) 1 cup
- Salt (4+2 tbls)
- Black pepper (1 tbls)
- Hot red pepper (1) (optional)
1. Clean the leg, remove the skin, but leave a layer of fat
2. Blend the orange juice with the garlic, oregano, cumin powder, ginger and the oil.
3. Add 4 tablespoons of salt, black pepper and seeded/chopped red pepper (optional).
4. Liquefy and strain, but save the residue.
5. Inject pork leg with the liquid and cover with the residue plus 2 tablespoons of salt.
6. Bake covered at 325º F for 5 hours, then remove cover and save juices.
7. Put oven on broil and let it brown.
8. Serve hot or cold in slices with some of the juice, or in sandwiches.