Looking to incorporate some new high-tech gear into the old spooky holiday? Use technology to stay safe and entertained like never before this Halloween. Cat Schwartz, eBay's Gadget and Toy director and founder of HiTechMommy.com, lists her coolest picks for the bewitching hours:
1.Fog Blaster, $19.99; Fogblaster
The Zero Fog Blaster can help kids create a spooky scene anywhere with the pull of a trigger. The nontoxic fog blasts out in rings that are 2 to 6 inches wide and travel around 10 feet. And to top it all off, the fog smells like cherry.
2. Solar-Powered Light Kit, $19.95; Solar-Powered Light Kit
Create an eerie atmosphere anywhere around the exterior of the house with these solar-powered lighting decorations. All that's needed is the sun's rays to power them up, and once the sun goes down, the fun automatically begins. This combination is guaranteed to freak out anyone who dares approach your house.
3. Wherifone GPS Locator Phone, $99.99; Wherify GPS Locator Phone
The Wherifone is a GPS cell phone for kids and seniors. It features built-in GPS location, an emergency "SOS" button for 911 and a 3-button keypad that parents program to specific phone numbers. A great way to keep tabs on little ones during trick-or-treating!
4. Child Locator Device, $189.95;
Looking after multiple children on the big night just got a lot safer, thanks to the Child Locator. This device can watch up to 24 kids at once! Give each costume-clad kid a honing tag, set up alert mode and send them on their way. If a child moves out of your set boundaries, the alarm will sound and the on-screen locator lines will direct you in the direction of where the kid is. As you approach the child, the beeps will sound closer together. If all of a sudden one of them is gone, hit the locator button and the alarm will sound. Once Halloween is over you can attach the clips to keys, a pet or anything else you might lose!
4. Child Locator Device, $189.95;Child Locator Device
5. Safety Lights, $1.95; Magic Matt Flashing Lights
Take the time to add these safety lights to your child’s costume so he or she will be visible to people driving around on Halloween night. They're magnetic and give off a bright ray that'll make them visible in any situation.
6. Electric Wagon, $179.99;
It can be tiring pulling the kids around all night in the old red wagon. This is an electric version that makes the fun easy! Use the wagon's motor to go forward or backward at 3 mph.
6. Electric Wagon, $179.99;Razor Electric Wagon
7. Halloween Pumpkin Head Flashlight, $1.95; Halloween Pumpkin Flashlight
This pumpkin-head flashlight is sure to light the way to all those favorite spooky spots.
8. Identakey, $35.99; Identakey
Inside this device you can store all of the vital information the police would need to safely help your child back to you in an emergency — photos of your child, fingerprint cards, height and weight, personal information about your child that could help find them. The device is password-protected and ready at any time to pass over to the police if need be.
9. Ghost Detector, $18.47;
Simply push the button — then it starts searching for ghosts!
9. Ghost Detector, $18.47;Ghost Detector
It keeps blinking for about 10 seconds. If the circumstances around you are normal, it stops blinking (shortly; it blinks 3 times in the end.) Oh, you can feel easy. HOWEVER! If something is unusual, it cautions you by blinking in red continuously with some buzzer sounds!!
More from TODAY.com
Love for Liza: Young woman battling terminal cancer gets dream wedding
On Thanksgiving, Liza Haynie Heaton went to the hospital with stomach pains, only to receive news that no one can prepare ...
- Parents hand out goody bags to apologize in advance for baby on flight
- Hunting for L.L. Bean 'duck' boots? Try these 4 cute alternatives
- See how these 4 people lost over 100 pounds each — and kept it off!
- 7 anti-aging foods you should be eating today
- Love for Liza: Young woman battling terminal cancer gets dream wedding
It's in danger!! Get out of the place you stand! Or, if you have to stay there, keep pausing the button for some seconds, then, BAKETAN safe mode starts to expel some ghost out of your body!
10. Batman Flashlight, $6.99;
Shine on a wall and Batman’s signature bat appears!
10. Batman Flashlight, $6.99;Batman Flashlight
11. Solar-Powered Gargoyle, $34.95; Solar-Powered Gargoyle
Place this spooky gargoyle outside and watch him at night as his eyes light up, giving your yard a spooky, haunting look. A great decoration, indoors or out, for Halloween or even all year round.
12. Pumpkin Solar Lawn Stake, $18.95;
Light the path to your front door or backyard pumpkin patch with delightful glowing jack-o'-lanterns! Our luminous Pumpkin Solar Lawn Stake looks great in gardens, flower pots — anywhere you'd like to lend spooky Halloween light.
12. Pumpkin Solar Lawn Stake, $18.95;Pumpkin Solar Lawn Stake
The solar LED light within provides a steady, eerie light that shines through the open expression on the pumpkin's face. It stores the sun's rays during the day and emits them after dark for a gentle glow.
13. Solar Witch Light Stake, $17.50; Solar Witch Light Stake
Lit witch light stake that operates on solar energy!
For more helpful tech tips and ideas, visit HiTechMommy.com.
© 2013 MSNBC Interactive. Reprints