Recipe: Mediterranean Sea Bass (Branzino)
Trattoria Altanella — Venice
- 6 sea bass filets (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar capers (in salt)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. To cook filets: Heat olive oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
2. In a separate dish, combine flour, salt and pepper. Flour the filets and place in the sauté pan. Cook until golden brown on each side. Remove to a serving platter.
3. Using the leftover oil and butter in the sauté pan, add the parsley, capers, white wine, and cook over a low flame for 3 minutes.
4. Spoon the sauce over the filets and serve immediately.