Recipe: Ann Curry's Gone Ban-Ann-As Smoothie
You'll go ape for this tropical combination of roast sweet potato, pineapple, ginger, and curry!
- 1/2 banana
- 4 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet potato
- 3/4 tsp crystallized ginger
- 1/8 tsp curry powder (How cool! It
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp raw sugar (not white)
- 1 1/2 cup ice
From the Ben & Jerry's Research and Development Lab
1. Use a higher speed on your blender to be able to slurp through a straw.
2. If the smoothie is too thick add a little more juice; apple juice and white grape juice won’t overpower the other flavors of your smoothie.
3. If the smoothie is a little thin try using frozen fruit instead of fresh, or try adding a starch (like a banana).
4. For a little something extra, experiment with just a pinch of a unique ingredient: a couple fresh mint leaves, a shake or two of nutmeg. Be creative!
5. Use fruit at its peak of ripeness, or just a little past peak for the best flavor (It’s a good way to use up that slightly overripe fruit!).
6. Make sure to involve the kids, and make smoothies with their favorite ingredients like nuts or peanut butter.
Makes 1 serving (about 1 3/4 cups)