MADRID, Spain — A 67-year-old woman has given birth to twin sons in the northern city of Barcelona, a hospital official said.
More from TODAY.com
2 dead, including gunman, in Washington school schooting
A student with a “blank stare” opened fire in a Washington high school’s cafeteria on Friday, killing one person and wound...
- Remains found on abandoned property are Hannah Graham's
- This girl fulfilled a beautiful promise to her sister: Watch it
- This dad battling cancer is using the time he has left to inspire
- Beards are coming back: Join anchors for No-Shave TODAY in November
- 2 dead, including gunman, in Washington school schooting
The woman, whose identity has not been revealed, gave birth Friday by Caesarian section, according to an official at Sant Pau hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity because of hospital policy.
The mother and twins all were doing well though the newborns were both in incubators, the official said.
Originally from the southern region of Andalucia, the woman had previously undergone in vitro fertilization abroad, the official said.
A 66-year-old Romanian woman, Adriana Iliescu, gave birth to a daughter in Bucharest in January 2005.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.