MADRID, Spain — A 67-year-old woman has given birth to twin sons in the northern city of Barcelona, a hospital official said.
More from TODAY.com
Love for Liza: Young woman battling terminal cancer gets dream wedding
On Thanksgiving, Liza Haynie Heaton went to the hospital with stomach pains, only to receive news that no one can prepare ...
- Parents hand out goody bags to apologize in advance for baby on flight
- Hunting for L.L. Bean 'duck' boots? Try these 4 cute alternatives
- See how these 4 people lost over 100 pounds each — and kept it off!
- 7 anti-aging foods you should be eating today
- Love for Liza: Young woman battling terminal cancer gets dream wedding
The woman, whose identity has not been revealed, gave birth Friday by Caesarian section, according to an official at Sant Pau hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity because of hospital policy.
The mother and twins all were doing well though the newborns were both in incubators, the official said.
Originally from the southern region of Andalucia, the woman had previously undergone in vitro fertilization abroad, the official said.
A 66-year-old Romanian woman, Adriana Iliescu, gave birth to a daughter in Bucharest in January 2005.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.