MADRID, Spain — A 67-year-old woman has given birth to twin sons in the northern city of Barcelona, a hospital official said.
More from TODAY.com
President Obama lights National Christmas Tree
Despite dreary weather, President Barack Obama and his family got into the Christmas spirit Friday at the annual National ...
- TODAY’s Takeaway: Remembering Mandela, Twitter’s future
- Duchess Kate recycles gown - with $36 costume jewelry
- TODAY producer: Mandela is why I'm a journalist
- Is Sriracha overrated? Andrew Zimmern, others talk hot sauce alternatives
- President Obama lights National Christmas Tree
The woman, whose identity has not been revealed, gave birth Friday by Caesarian section, according to an official at Sant Pau hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity because of hospital policy.
The mother and twins all were doing well though the newborns were both in incubators, the official said.
Originally from the southern region of Andalucia, the woman had previously undergone in vitro fertilization abroad, the official said.
A 66-year-old Romanian woman, Adriana Iliescu, gave birth to a daughter in Bucharest in January 2005.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.