MADRID, Spain — A 67-year-old woman has given birth to twin sons in the northern city of Barcelona, a hospital official said.
More from TODAY.com
TODAY's Takeaway: Savannah overshares; Billy Crystal brings '700 Sundays' to TV
Witnesses describe hearing the Mount Everest avalanche, Savannah already overshares and Billy Crystal brings "700 Sundays"...
- 'You helped me': After 23 years, Desert Storm veteran thanks pen pals
- Alan Thicke: 'I have a better body' than Homer Simpson'
- Kids scared of the Easter Bunny? Well, look at him!
- 'We are not equipped for this': Tamron, Willie face off against animals
- TODAY's Takeaway: Savannah overshares; Billy Crystal brings '700 Sundays' to TV
The woman, whose identity has not been revealed, gave birth Friday by Caesarian section, according to an official at Sant Pau hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity because of hospital policy.
The mother and twins all were doing well though the newborns were both in incubators, the official said.
Originally from the southern region of Andalucia, the woman had previously undergone in vitro fertilization abroad, the official said.
A 66-year-old Romanian woman, Adriana Iliescu, gave birth to a daughter in Bucharest in January 2005.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.