MADRID, Spain — A 67-year-old woman has given birth to twin sons in the northern city of Barcelona, a hospital official said.
More from TODAY.com
'The Sound of Music' is 50! See the stars reunite for its anniversary
Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer and the 50th anniversary of "The Sound of Music"? These are a few of our favorite things!
- Italy's highest court overturns Amanda Knox murder conviction
- Ludacris on being a busy parent: Spend quality time with your kids
- 25 years later: Best moments from the 'Pretty Woman' reunion on TODAY
- Happy and baby knows it! Watch incredible ultrasound of fetus clapping
- 'The Sound of Music' is 50! See the stars reunite for its anniversary
The woman, whose identity has not been revealed, gave birth Friday by Caesarian section, according to an official at Sant Pau hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity because of hospital policy.
The mother and twins all were doing well though the newborns were both in incubators, the official said.
Originally from the southern region of Andalucia, the woman had previously undergone in vitro fertilization abroad, the official said.
A 66-year-old Romanian woman, Adriana Iliescu, gave birth to a daughter in Bucharest in January 2005.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.