MADRID, Spain — A 67-year-old woman has given birth to twin sons in the northern city of Barcelona, a hospital official said.
More from TODAY.com
Purple Heart sent to 'Slender Man' victim: When a gift needs no thanks
- The 5 best exercises for tank top-worthy arms
- Michigan jail trades trendy 'Orange' inmate uniforms for timeless sailor stripes
- See for your selfie: 'The Rock' pumps up fans with hard work on Instagram
- Millionaires really are different; they don't want to retire!
- Purple Heart sent to 'Slender Man' victim: When a gift needs no thanks
The woman, whose identity has not been revealed, gave birth Friday by Caesarian section, according to an official at Sant Pau hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity because of hospital policy.
The mother and twins all were doing well though the newborns were both in incubators, the official said.
Originally from the southern region of Andalucia, the woman had previously undergone in vitro fertilization abroad, the official said.
A 66-year-old Romanian woman, Adriana Iliescu, gave birth to a daughter in Bucharest in January 2005.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.