MADRID, Spain — A 67-year-old woman has given birth to twin sons in the northern city of Barcelona, a hospital official said.
More from TODAY.com
7 things we learned about Julia Roberts ... 7 years after her last visit to TODAY
Seven years is way too long to wait to bask in the glow of Julia Roberts' million-watt smile.
- Snyderman: Ebola patient coming to US ‘not a risk’
- Mosquitoes 1 - Kerry Sanders 0: Kerry in good spirits after 300-plus bug bites
- From soda to negative talk: Join TODAY for a #30DayDetox of bad habits
- TODAY wakes up to Aloe Blacc
- 7 things we learned about Julia Roberts ... 7 years after her last visit to TODAY
The woman, whose identity has not been revealed, gave birth Friday by Caesarian section, according to an official at Sant Pau hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity because of hospital policy.
The mother and twins all were doing well though the newborns were both in incubators, the official said.
Originally from the southern region of Andalucia, the woman had previously undergone in vitro fertilization abroad, the official said.
A 66-year-old Romanian woman, Adriana Iliescu, gave birth to a daughter in Bucharest in January 2005.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.