MADRID, Spain — A 67-year-old woman has given birth to twin sons in the northern city of Barcelona, a hospital official said.
More from TODAY.com
Hillary Clinton: Granddaughter led me 'to speed up' political plans
- Lauren Hill, inspirational college basketball player, dies
- Marathon dad's victories help raise money for son with spina bifida
- Will it work on Vale? Savannah tries tissue sleeping trick at home
- Listen to the chilling 911 call Sandra Bullock made during break-in
- Hillary Clinton: Granddaughter led me 'to speed up' political plans
The woman, whose identity has not been revealed, gave birth Friday by Caesarian section, according to an official at Sant Pau hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity because of hospital policy.
The mother and twins all were doing well though the newborns were both in incubators, the official said.
Originally from the southern region of Andalucia, the woman had previously undergone in vitro fertilization abroad, the official said.
A 66-year-old Romanian woman, Adriana Iliescu, gave birth to a daughter in Bucharest in January 2005.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.