MADRID, Spain — A 67-year-old woman has given birth to twin sons in the northern city of Barcelona, a hospital official said.
More from TODAY.com
Taking a look back at Jenna Wolfe’s path to fitness
As Jenna Wolfe steps into her full-time role as TODAY’s health and wellness correspondent, the Weekend TODAY team decided ...
- Nailing it: 3 simple tips to make your mornings better
- Everything you need to know about hiccups — and how to get rid of them
- 'Shining a Light' on Weekend TODAY’s Baltimore Health Expo
- Superhero fans brought closer by superstorm have comically good time in New Jersey real wedding
- Taking a look back at Jenna Wolfe’s path to fitness
The woman, whose identity has not been revealed, gave birth Friday by Caesarian section, according to an official at Sant Pau hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity because of hospital policy.
The mother and twins all were doing well though the newborns were both in incubators, the official said.
Originally from the southern region of Andalucia, the woman had previously undergone in vitro fertilization abroad, the official said.
A 66-year-old Romanian woman, Adriana Iliescu, gave birth to a daughter in Bucharest in January 2005.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.