MADRID, Spain — A 67-year-old woman has given birth to twin sons in the northern city of Barcelona, a hospital official said.
More from TODAY.com
Ray Rice, wife Janay speak to Matt Lauer in a TODAY exclusive
Ray and Janay Rice Janay will join Matt Lauer for exclusive interviews airing Monday and Tuesday on TODAY.
- ‘There has been an awakening’: See the new ‘Star Wars’ trailer
- Watch this flight attendant rock Lorde’s ‘Royals'
- 6 awesome turkey sandwiches to make with your Thanksgiving leftovers
- Pup, pup and away! Photographer lets leaping dogs fly
- Ray Rice, wife Janay speak to Matt Lauer in a TODAY exclusive
The woman, whose identity has not been revealed, gave birth Friday by Caesarian section, according to an official at Sant Pau hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity because of hospital policy.
The mother and twins all were doing well though the newborns were both in incubators, the official said.
Originally from the southern region of Andalucia, the woman had previously undergone in vitro fertilization abroad, the official said.
A 66-year-old Romanian woman, Adriana Iliescu, gave birth to a daughter in Bucharest in January 2005.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.