MADRID, Spain — A 67-year-old woman has given birth to twin sons in the northern city of Barcelona, a hospital official said.
More from TODAY.com
30 Days to a Better You: Jenna gives her workout a makeover
Bored with your usual workout? Your muscles might be, too.
- Who said it: Lena Dunham or her 'Girls' character Hannah?
- Good Samaritan helps driver who had seizure, restores our faith in humanity
- U.S. probing terror concerns in missing Malaysian Airlines jet
- Airman returning from Afghanistan surprises kids
- 30 Days to a Better You: Jenna gives her workout a makeover
The woman, whose identity has not been revealed, gave birth Friday by Caesarian section, according to an official at Sant Pau hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity because of hospital policy.
The mother and twins all were doing well though the newborns were both in incubators, the official said.
Originally from the southern region of Andalucia, the woman had previously undergone in vitro fertilization abroad, the official said.
A 66-year-old Romanian woman, Adriana Iliescu, gave birth to a daughter in Bucharest in January 2005.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.