Recipe: Shrimp Piri Piri
- Shrimp Piri Piri
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Piri Piri, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, quartered
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Piri Piri
- 8 red bird's-eye chilies, seeds and ribs removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
To make the Shrimp Piri Piri
1. Toss shrimp with 1/2 cup of Piri Piri in large bowl. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for two minutes on each side or until opaque throughout.
3. Transfer to plate and sprinkle with the salt. Squeeze the lime quarters over the shrimp.
4. Spread 1/2 teaspoon of the remaining Piri Piri sauce on each lettuce leaf. Place a shrimp on each leaf and fold over bottom and sides to form a wrap.