Recipe: Scandinavian Shrimp Sandwich
- 1/2 pound fingerling or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon bottled horseradish
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 cups (about 1 pound) cooked and peeled small shrimp
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices toasted brioche
Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan, add salted water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes, or just until tender. Drain and let cool, then peel and dice.
Combine the potatoes, eggs, onion, garlic, chives, lime juice, horseradish, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a medium bowl and mix well. Fold in the shrimp and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide the shrimp salad on the toasted brioche.
Makes 4 sandwiches