SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — Ned Rorem’s opera “Our Town” will have its professional premiere on July 1 at the Lake George Opera, the company said Wednesday.
More from TODAY.com
Carson's #perfectpresent inspires viewers to share their gifts!
At 10 am on Christmas morning, our own Carson Daly simply couldn't wait to share his gift with the world. He received a "L...
- A very royal Christmas! Prince William, Duchess Kate attend services
- Hoda’s mom cooks her favorite holiday dish
- 25 inspirational stories of 2014 showcase strength, love and tenacity
- See TODAY anchors’ Secret Santa swap
- Carson's #perfectpresent inspires viewers to share their gifts!
Based on the Thorton Wilder book, the opera has a libretto by J.D. McClatchy. Mark Flint will conduct.
The opera will have its world premiere Feb. 24 in a student production at the Indiana University Opera Theater.
The production at Lake George’s Spa Little Theater will be directed by Nelson Sheeley and the set designer is Garrett Wilson.
The Lake George summer season also includes Rossini’s “Il Barbiere di Siviglia” and a double bill of Leoncavallo’s “Pagliacci” and Cimarosa’s “Il Maestro di Cappella.”
© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.