SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — Ned Rorem’s opera “Our Town” will have its professional premiere on July 1 at the Lake George Opera, the company said Wednesday.
More from TODAY.com
Hillary Clinton: Granddaughter led me 'to speed up' political plans
Clinton said she is inspired to keep working to ensure that Charlotte and her generation are provided equal opportunities ...
- Lauren Hill, inspirational college basketball player, dies
- Marathon dad's victories help raise money for son with spina bifida
- Will it work on Vale? Savannah tries tissue sleeping trick at home
- Listen to the chilling 911 call Sandra Bullock made during break-in
- Hillary Clinton: Granddaughter led me 'to speed up' political plans
Based on the Thorton Wilder book, the opera has a libretto by J.D. McClatchy. Mark Flint will conduct.
The opera will have its world premiere Feb. 24 in a student production at the Indiana University Opera Theater.
The production at Lake George’s Spa Little Theater will be directed by Nelson Sheeley and the set designer is Garrett Wilson.
The Lake George summer season also includes Rossini’s “Il Barbiere di Siviglia” and a double bill of Leoncavallo’s “Pagliacci” and Cimarosa’s “Il Maestro di Cappella.”
© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.