SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — Ned Rorem’s opera “Our Town” will have its professional premiere on July 1 at the Lake George Opera, the company said Wednesday.
More from TODAY.com
Therapy dog helps 6-year-old boy move arm again after brain surgeries
At just the right moment, a dog named Tank gave a boy named Jack the motivation he needed to get moving again.
- Pirelli Calendar to feature first-ever plus-size model
- Swarmed! 8 tips on best mosquito bite treatments and repellents
- Best ATMs ever? See how this bank surprised customers in tearjerker ad
- Vacation selfies: Teens love 'em, adults not so much
- Therapy dog helps 6-year-old boy move arm again after brain surgeries
Based on the Thorton Wilder book, the opera has a libretto by J.D. McClatchy. Mark Flint will conduct.
The opera will have its world premiere Feb. 24 in a student production at the Indiana University Opera Theater.
The production at Lake George’s Spa Little Theater will be directed by Nelson Sheeley and the set designer is Garrett Wilson.
The Lake George summer season also includes Rossini’s “Il Barbiere di Siviglia” and a double bill of Leoncavallo’s “Pagliacci” and Cimarosa’s “Il Maestro di Cappella.”
© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.