SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — Ned Rorem’s opera “Our Town” will have its professional premiere on July 1 at the Lake George Opera, the company said Wednesday.
More from TODAY.com
The 10 things I wish I'd known before getting divorced
As a divorce mediator for many years, I thought I was more prepared than anyone for what lay ahead as I faced my own divor...
- Making this 'super' dip bowl out of a cabbage is easier than it looks!
- Boy meets curl: How I survived the '90s and learned to love my hair
- Watch the world go nuts in Mophie's Super Bowl ad
- Despite all the NFL scandals, here's why my family still loves footbal
- The 10 things I wish I'd known before getting divorced
Based on the Thorton Wilder book, the opera has a libretto by J.D. McClatchy. Mark Flint will conduct.
The opera will have its world premiere Feb. 24 in a student production at the Indiana University Opera Theater.
The production at Lake George’s Spa Little Theater will be directed by Nelson Sheeley and the set designer is Garrett Wilson.
The Lake George summer season also includes Rossini’s “Il Barbiere di Siviglia” and a double bill of Leoncavallo’s “Pagliacci” and Cimarosa’s “Il Maestro di Cappella.”
© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.