SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — Ned Rorem’s opera “Our Town” will have its professional premiere on July 1 at the Lake George Opera, the company said Wednesday.
More from TODAY.com
Derek Jeter tells TODAY: ‘I consider myself young again’
In an exclusive interview with TODAY co-anchor Matt Lauer airing Wednesday on TODAY, five-time World Series champion Derek...
- Aretha Franklin covers Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep': Who did it best?
- CDC confirms first Ebola case in U.S.
- Joan Lunden opens up about 'very complicated' breast cancer battle
- 'Bachelorette' Ashley Hebert welcomes baby boy with J.P. Rosenbaum
- Derek Jeter tells TODAY: ‘I consider myself young again’
Based on the Thorton Wilder book, the opera has a libretto by J.D. McClatchy. Mark Flint will conduct.
The opera will have its world premiere Feb. 24 in a student production at the Indiana University Opera Theater.
The production at Lake George’s Spa Little Theater will be directed by Nelson Sheeley and the set designer is Garrett Wilson.
The Lake George summer season also includes Rossini’s “Il Barbiere di Siviglia” and a double bill of Leoncavallo’s “Pagliacci” and Cimarosa’s “Il Maestro di Cappella.”
© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.