SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — Ned Rorem’s opera “Our Town” will have its professional premiere on July 1 at the Lake George Opera, the company said Wednesday.
More from TODAY.com
Man holding floating dog in viral photo adopts rescue puppy
When Wisconsin man John Unger endured the death of Schoep, his beloved dog of 20 years, he wasn't sure he would emotionall...
- Kelly Osbourne quits 'Fashion Police,' E! confirms
- Since groom's moving vows to stepdaughter, this blended family's grown
- They're real: Taco Bell tests new Cap'n Crunch Delight doughnut holes
- #TheDress wasn't the first to divide us: 11 dress controversies
- Man holding floating dog in viral photo adopts rescue puppy
Based on the Thorton Wilder book, the opera has a libretto by J.D. McClatchy. Mark Flint will conduct.
The opera will have its world premiere Feb. 24 in a student production at the Indiana University Opera Theater.
The production at Lake George’s Spa Little Theater will be directed by Nelson Sheeley and the set designer is Garrett Wilson.
The Lake George summer season also includes Rossini’s “Il Barbiere di Siviglia” and a double bill of Leoncavallo’s “Pagliacci” and Cimarosa’s “Il Maestro di Cappella.”
© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.