SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — Ned Rorem’s opera “Our Town” will have its professional premiere on July 1 at the Lake George Opera, the company said Wednesday.
More from TODAY.com
NFL player retired to donate kidney to brother
Quick, read this lovely, inspirational story about two football players before another one is suspended.
- No McConaughey in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Ethan Hawke: Robin Williams was in obvious pain during 'Dead Poets Society'
- 'Hero' bus driver sacrifices her life to save 10-year-old student
- Fun photos of dog give artist new leash on life after break-up
- NFL player retired to donate kidney to brother
Based on the Thorton Wilder book, the opera has a libretto by J.D. McClatchy. Mark Flint will conduct.
The opera will have its world premiere Feb. 24 in a student production at the Indiana University Opera Theater.
The production at Lake George’s Spa Little Theater will be directed by Nelson Sheeley and the set designer is Garrett Wilson.
The Lake George summer season also includes Rossini’s “Il Barbiere di Siviglia” and a double bill of Leoncavallo’s “Pagliacci” and Cimarosa’s “Il Maestro di Cappella.”
© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.