SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — Ned Rorem’s opera “Our Town” will have its professional premiere on July 1 at the Lake George Opera, the company said Wednesday.
More from TODAY.com
It's a girl! Carson Daly welcomes new baby London Rose Daly
Vale Guthrie Feldman has a new friend in the TODAY family! Carson Daly and fiance Siri Pinter welcomed new baby girl Londo...
- Ebola patients to leave hospital
- US rescue mission of James Foley failed
- Behind the scenes of Al’s 60-year checkup
- Thriller, Simply Irresistible: TODAY anchors pick favorite music videos of all time
- It's a girl! Carson Daly welcomes new baby London Rose Daly
Based on the Thorton Wilder book, the opera has a libretto by J.D. McClatchy. Mark Flint will conduct.
The opera will have its world premiere Feb. 24 in a student production at the Indiana University Opera Theater.
The production at Lake George’s Spa Little Theater will be directed by Nelson Sheeley and the set designer is Garrett Wilson.
The Lake George summer season also includes Rossini’s “Il Barbiere di Siviglia” and a double bill of Leoncavallo’s “Pagliacci” and Cimarosa’s “Il Maestro di Cappella.”
© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.