Before you gift that three-wick Yankee Candle to your mom for Christmas, you may want to make sure it doesn’t fall into the category of the 31,000 candles being voluntarily recalled from the company right now.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a recall on Yankee Candle’s Luminous Candle Collection. It turns out that when the candle is lit, the square glass jar in which it sits can crack and potentially cause serious injury.
More Decorating videos
Painted ceramics, macramé planters and other spring entertainment trends
DIY bunny ears, egg carton flowers, ice eggs: Clever crafts for Easter
Greenery runner, DIY linen napkins: Setting the perfect Easter table
Hidden money makeovers: See how to save money and upgrade your home
Each candle cost about $35 and comes in scents six scents:
- Sea Salt & Coral (item #1535651)
- Blackberry & Sage (#1535890)
- Apple Blossom & Melon (#1535891)
- Sugarcane & Honey (#1535892)
- Pine & Sandalwood (#1535893)
- Cinnamon & Cedar (#1535894).
For more information on the recall, go here. And if you’re in need of backup gifts for your mom or friends, check out one of our gift guides below:
- 5 gifts to help your friends relax
- 17 great gifts that say “thank you for being a friend”
- 13 great teacher gifts for $15 or less