Before you gift that three-wick Yankee Candle to your mom for Christmas, you may want to make sure it doesn’t fall into the category of the 31,000 candles being voluntarily recalled from the company right now.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a recall on Yankee Candle’s Luminous Candle Collection. It turns out that when the candle is lit, the square glass jar in which it sits can crack and potentially cause serious injury.
More Decorating videos
Tax season, new styles, home decorations: How to prepare for spring
Feeling cramped? Learn tricks to make your small space seem larger
Pops of color, shades of green: Hottest home trends of 2017
See the tiny library that sits in the woods of upstate New York
Each candle cost about $35 and comes in scents six scents:
- Sea Salt & Coral (item #1535651)
- Blackberry & Sage (#1535890)
- Apple Blossom & Melon (#1535891)
- Sugarcane & Honey (#1535892)
- Pine & Sandalwood (#1535893)
- Cinnamon & Cedar (#1535894).
For more information on the recall, go here. And if you’re in need of backup gifts for your mom or friends, check out one of our gift guides below:
- 5 gifts to help your friends relax
- 17 great gifts that say “thank you for being a friend”
- 13 great teacher gifts for $15 or less