5 to try: Jenna's favorite healthy snacks
The key with smart snacking is to consume the most satisfying food with the least amount of calories. So instead of a 150-calorie bag of chips, which will keep you full for about an hour, why not add a little fiber and stay satisfied longer. One of my favorite snacks is Joy Bauer’s Kale Chips recipe, which clocks in at just around 80 calories! It’s also super simple:
- Cut kale into 2-inch pieces.
- Spread on a baking sheet.
- Spray with oil mist and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes in 400-degree oven.
Not into kale chips? Try these other ideas instead:
- Apple with 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Hard-boiled egg on 2 Wasa Fiber Rye Crispbreads
- Avocado, tomato, salt and pepper on slice of whole grain toast
- Low fat mozzarella stick melted in a whole wheat wrap w/tomato
See you next Wednesday for more of Jenna’s Weekly Fit Tips!