Wow! Use store-bought mixes to make spectacular desserts
On the prowl for fun and innovative dessert ideas that don't eat up too much time? You're in luck! Siri Pinter, the woman behind the SIRIously Delicious food blog and the mom of two kids with TV host Carson Daly, has great ideas for jazzing up an ordinary cake and pudding mixes. Here are her recipes for ombre box mix cake, candy melt cupcake toppers and chocolate-chocolate chip pudding cookies.
Makes one three-layer cake.
- 1 box mix white cake
- Food coloring or paste
- Frosting of choice
- Wilton candy melts
- Parchment paper
- Piping bag (or plastic sandwich bag)
Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
- 1 4-ounce package instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips