Whole wheat french bread pizza
This four-ingredient meal takes less than 15 minutes to make. Try topping the pizzas with veggies like bell peppers and spinach.
- 6 ounces whole wheat (or whole grain) baguette
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese or shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1 clove garlic
- Dried oregano, optional
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
Yield: 2 Servings
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside.
- Slice the bread lengthwise with a serrated knife. Place the slices on the baking sheet and lightly toast in the preheated oven, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the bread from oven. Lightly rub a garlic clove on the cut-side of the slices, then spread the pizza sauce and scatter cheese over each piece. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and the pizza is hot, about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle pizza with oregano, if desired.
- Calories: 310
- Fiber: 5 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Sodium: 700 mg
- Cholesterol: 20 g
This recipe originally appeared on iVillage.