Turn your leftovers into chicken chili, pork quesadillas
Shock your family with white lightning chicken chiliPlay Video
Make Mom a unique rainbow pancake cake for Mother's Day!
Triple chocolate cheesecake: Make it for Mother's Day!
'Saved by the Bell' molten chocolate lava cake: Try Ryan Scott's recipe
Ring Pops, Lunchables and other favorite flavors of the '90s
Norman King of Southern Living magazine cooks up three meals from leftover chicken, barbecue beef and grilled pork tenderloin. Here, he makes white lightning chicken chili, brisket and rice noodles with pineapple salsa, and pork and pepper jack quesadillas with blueberry salsa.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 (8.8-oz.) package thin rice noodles
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 small Kirby cucumbers, seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian hot chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 pound shredded smoked beef brisket, warm
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled Peppadew peppers
- 1/2 cup assorted torn mint, basil, and cilantro
1. Microwave 8 cups water and 1 tbsp. kosher salt at high in a large microwave-safe glass bowl 2 minutes. Submerge noodles in water; let stand 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.2. Meanwhile, toss together pineapple and next 4 ingredients; add table salt and black pepper to taste.3. Whisk together hoisin sauce, next 4 ingredients, and 2 tbsp. water. Combine drained noodles and 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce mixture in a medium bowl, tossing to coat.4. Divide lettuce among 4 bowls. Top with noodles, pineapple mixture, brisket, and peppers. Drizzle with desired amount of remaining hoisin mixture. Sprinkle with herbs, and serve immediately.
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans chicken broth
- 2 (4.5-oz.) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 (1.25-oz.) package white chicken chili seasoning mix
- 3 (16-oz.) cans navy beans
- Avocado-mango salsa
- Sour cream
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro leaves
Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in chicken, next 3 ingredients, and 2 cans navy beans. Coarsely mash remaining can navy beans, and stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring often; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh blueberries
- 1 cup whole fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Toss together coarsely chopped fresh blueberries, whole fresh blueberries, fresh lemon juice, chopped fresh cilantro, seeded and minced jalapeño peppers, diced red bell pepper, and kosher salt in a large bowl. Serve immediately, or cover and chill 8 hours.