Surf and turf: Try bacon-wrapped scallops and shrimp skewers
As the weather heats up, it's time for a little surf and turf! Here, chef Bruce Bozzi makes bacon-wrapped jumbo sea scallops and jalapeno shrimp skewers.
- 3 pcs jumbo gulf shrimp
- 3 pcs jumbo sea scallops, fresh not frozen if available
- 3 slices raw bacon
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and sliced lengthwise in three pieces
- 3 whole, ripe cherry tomatoes
- 2 scallions, remove the roots and majority of the greens
- 2 small mushroom caps, button or crimini
- 3 cups olive/canola oil, for quick blanching of bacon wrapped scallops
- 1 stick of butter
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
- 4 tbsp. of your favorite vinaigrette, to marinate the veggies
- Salt and black pepper to taste.