The big day is almost upon us — Super Bowl 2015! While the carnivores dance around the hot wings, tiny meatballs and sausage-topped everything, what is left for those who want something a with at least hint of green? (Even if it's green topped with bacon...) Never fear, these artichoke and spinach dips are here to save the day. They're hot, they're cold, they're creamy, they're spicy — one of them is even skinny! And they're all delicious. Game on!
1. Cheesy bacon spinach dip: One more piece of bacon never hurt a party. This dip from Damn Delicious isn't for the weak potato chip — pull out the thick-cut crisps for this one!
2. Mexican spinach-artichoke dip: Ashley, at Kitchen Meets Girl, likes it hot — her spinach dip, that is. She takes a standard recipe and kicks it up with tomatoes, jalapeños, cumin and a few dashes of hot sauce. Some crumbled chorizo and fresh cilantro could also be added to make this dip into a one-bowl meal.
3. Baked artichoke-kale dip: Ingrid at The Cozy Apron dresses up this game day standard with fresh kale, roasted garlic and five cheeses, including Asiago, Parmesan and provolone. The result is irresistibly cheesy and gooey.
4. Spinach-artichoke potato skins: Jenn from Peas and Carrots combines the best of potato skins with the best of spinach and artichoke dip. She bakes potato skins until they are crispy, then stuffs them with a creamy spinach, artichoke and mozzarella cheese filling, then tops it all off with a sprinkling of green onions and crispy bacon bits.
5. Low-fat creamy spinach dip: Kathie Lee and Hoda love this lighter recipe from TODAY viewer Andrea Bellucci. Bellucchi uses light sour cream and mayonnaise and a small amount of Parmesan cheese for a dip that's way lower in fat and calories than traditional dip. Plus, the recipe comes together in a flash and is cooked in the microwave.