Scrambled egg in the shell! Chefs share winning recipes
KLG, Hoda help chefs warm up for culinary challengePlay Video
It's time to Give It Away! See which viewers won
Tick tock! Better not be late if you're meeting Kathie Lee…
KLG to Hoda: 'I don't like to bite things!'
See KLG and Hoda's favorite Ambush Makeover reactions
While the renowned Bocuse D'or World Cooking Contest doesn't take place until January, Team USA is already preparing. Chefs Philip Tessier, Skylar Stover and their coach Gavin Kaysen share these top recipes.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 tsp ham or bacon, diced small
- 2 tsp cheese, diced small
- 1 tsp chives, chopped fine
- Additional option garnishes, like cooked mushrooms, chopped parsley, cooked onions, etc., all cut small
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Using the egg topper, crack the narrow end of the egg shell. Carefully remove the top of the shell using a paring knife to help separate it.2. Pour the egg out of the shell into a medium bowl. Place the empty egg shell into a separate bowl with two cups of water and the vinegar. 3. Submerge it in the vinegar solution, let sit for 30 seconds and then place upside down in an empty egg carton to dry.4. Repeat with the second egg. 5. Whisk both eggs together and season with salt.6. Heat the sabayon pot over medium heat and add the butter. Stir in the eggs and whisk constantly until small curds are developed and the eggs are the consistency of thick cream.7. Remove from the heat and stir in the crème fraiche, ham or bacon, cheese, chives and season with black pepper.8. Place two cleaned shells upright on two eggshell holders and spoon the eggs into the egg shells. Fill to the top.9. Place one brioche "soldier" on top of each egg and two plouches of watercress alongside. Serve immediately.
- 3 cups orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 passion fruits, fresh (substitute with lemon juice if unavailable)
- 1 bottle champagne (750 ml)
1. Cut the passion fruit in half and scoop out the flesh and seeds into a container. 2. Combine the orange juice and passion fruit in a blender.3. To avoid chopping the seeds and mint, process on the lowest speed for one minute.4. Strain through a fine mesh strainer.5. Divide evenly between eight champagne flutes and fill to the top with champagne. Enjoy!