Bob and Melinda Blanchard have made Anguilla their part-time home by operating their restaurant Blanchard’s here. They share their island experiences and recipes in two books, "A Trip to the Beach" and "At Blanchard’s Table.” They were invited on the “Today” show to share some West Indian cuisine. Here are the recipes:
- 3 large ripe mangoes, peeled
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Light brown sugar, for sprinkling
- Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
Slice the mangoes into 1/2-inch thick slices and cut into 1-inch pieces. Whip the cream with the desired amount of granulated sugar and the vanilla until soft peaks form. Gently fold the mangoes into the cream.Spoon the mixture into dessert bowls and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Serve immediately.