Mediterranean egg muffins
- 1/2 pound ground pork or turkey sausage
- 2 artichoke hearts from a 14-oz. can, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cooked chopped spinach, drained well
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 pound Fontina cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Yield: 12 Servings
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin papers and preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cook the ground meat in a skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crispy, about 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
- While the meat cooks, whisk the eggs together in a large bowl, then add the spinach, oregano, artichoke hearts, salt, and pepper. Add the meat once it has cooled slightly so the eggs don’t immediately begin to cook.
- Ladle the egg batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them halfway. Nestle 2-3 cheese cubes into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the eggs are opaque and set. Serve warm, or reheat in a microwave or toaster oven.
This recipe originally appeared on iVillage.