Make tasty lactose-free blueberry muffins
Melissa d'Arabian makes scrumptious blueberry muffins and flavored iced coffee using LACTAID® Milk.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup Lactaid® Reduced Fat Milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter or cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries, thawed
- Coarse sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease six 3 1/2-inch muffin cups or line with large paper bake cups. Set aside.In a medium bowl stir together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.In a small bowl combine eggs, Lactaid® Reduced Fat Milk, butter or oil, and orange peel (if using). Add all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.If you prefer standard-size muffins, spoon the batter into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups and bake in a 375 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules, regular or decaffeinated
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 3/4 cups Lactaid® Chocolate Lowfat Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Dissolve instant coffee into boiling water. Add in LACTAID® Chocolate Lowfat Milk, and almond extract and stir.Serve over ice.
Variation: Serve hot to warm up a cold winter day!