July 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM ET
Do you love chicken but don't want to be stuck in the kitchen prepping and cooking? Lucky for you, TODAY is teaming up with celebrity chefs to make things simpler for you. Join TODAY's "Super Simple Chicken: The Only Recipes You'll Ever Need," cooking series, which features five days of delicious dishes.
On Day 3, we're serving up Marcus Samuelsson's fingerlickin' good fried chicken.
1. Combine buttermilk, coconut milk, garlic and chicken shake, then place chicken in marinade overnight in refrigerator.
2. Combine all-purpose flour, semolina flour, cornstarch and white pepper to make breading.
3. Remove marinated chicken from fridge and allow excess marinade to drip off.
4. Roll chicken in breading, shaking off excess.
5. In an 8-quart pot, fill with oil and bring to 300 F. Once oil is hot, carefully drop chicken into the oil and let fry for about 15 minutes (inner temperature should be at least 165 degrees).
6. Remove chicken from oil and place on paper towel. Season chicken with shake to taste.
Combine in a mixing bowl and stir until blended.