Kale and white bean pasta
Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:34 PM ET
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch curly kale, washed, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Yield: 4 Servings
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add garlic and red pepper flakes. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Do not let the garlic burn. Add the kale and saute until the leaves turn bright green, adding pasta water if the pan becomes too dry. Add the beans and continue cooking until warmed through, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and add to the kale and beans. Toss thoroughly.
- Plate pasta and top with grated parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
This recipe originally appeared on iVillage.