Actress and mother of two Joan Cusack has partnered with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a nonprofit focused on raising money for pediatric cancer research. Here, she offers a personal cookie recipe to help further the cause.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.3. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.4. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts and chocolate chips.5. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.6. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven.7. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Find out how you can give back with a bake sale this holiday season at GladtoGive.com.