Hit an ace in the kitchen with these lobster rolls
Want to eat like the tennis players competing in the U.S. Open in New York this weekend? Try this recipe for lobster rolls from Michael Lockard, the executive chef for the USTA National Tennis Center.
He's currently in charge of five restaurants and 60 concession stands, and took time to demonstrate one of his favorite dishes that you can make at home!
- 2 pounds lobster meat, poached and shelled
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 ounce Romaine lettuce, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 cup celery
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the lemon aioli, combine in a large mixing bowl the mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic. Add cayenne pepper and salt to taste. Mix well. To make the lobster mix, mix the lobster meat, celery, tarragon leaves and lemon aioli. Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste. Lightly toast the bun on a griddle in the clarified butter. Place the lettuce in the bun and top with the lobster mix.