Healthy eats: Make a shrimp and asparagus stir-fry
Melissa d'Arabian of the Cooking Chanel's "Drop 5 Lbs with Good Housekeeping" makes a healthy and simple sesame shrimp and asparagus stir-fry.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound large shrimp, cleaned and cooked
- 1 teaspoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, toast the sesame seeds until golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, rice vinegar and ginger. Set aside.In the same skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir the soy sauce mixture and shrimp into the asparagus mixture. Cook 1 minute to heat through. Remove the skillet from the heat, and stir in the sesame oil.To serve, spoon the rice onto 4 dinner plates, top with the shrimp mixture and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.