Gluten-free nut crust
- 2 cups nuts
- 1 small pinch kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Yield: 9" crust Servings
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with gluten-free, nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put nuts, sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse until ground. Pulse in the melted butter. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pie plate. Make sure you even it out. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until browned and fairly set. It may still be a little soft when it comes out of the oven; don't worry, it will firm up. Coll completely before filling, especially if the filing is no-bake.
From Simply . . . Gluten-free Desserts by Carol Kicinski. Copyright © 2011 by the author and reprinted by permission of Thomas Dunne Books, an imprint of St. Martin’s Press, LLC
This recipe originally appeard on iVillage.