Everything’s cherry good with Martha Stewart
In the mood for something luscious and sweet? Try these two enticing entrees that show cherries aren't just for dessert. On the menu from Martha Stewart: grilled tilapia with cherry salsa and chicken salad with cherries and goat cheese dressing.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) Bing cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 4 tilapia fillets – 4 to 6 ounces each
Heat grill to high; lightly oil grates. In a medium bowl, combine cherries, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Set salsa aside. In a small bowl, stir together coriander, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub tilapia all over with oil; sprinkle with spice mixture. Grill tilapia until opaque around the edges and underside loosens easily from grill, 2-3 minutes. Using a metal spatula with a thin blade, flip fish; continue to cook until opaque throughout about 2-3 minutes. Serve topped with salsa.
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1 head Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) Bing cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, goat cheese, chives, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Thinly slice chicken crosswise.
Divide lettuce among four plates; top with chicken, cherries, and walnuts. Serve salad with dressing alongside.
For more recipes and cooking tips, visit Martha Stewart online.