Diet-friendly hors d'oeuvre: Make a healthy taco dip
Dieting outside the boxPlay Video
Walking Out On Working Out
Avoid Scoring Extra Calories With Super Bowl Snacks
Vegan Butcher Offers 'Meatless Meats'
Japan's Food Scandal Widens
Nutritionist Joy Bauer shared inspiring stories of weight loss on TODAY, and served up dieters' tips for eating healthfully. Here, she shares Sandra Arkenau's slimming taco dip — the perfect appetizer to bring to parties. Your host will appreciate the gesture, and you won't have to break your diet.
- 2 eight-ounce packages of fat-free cream cheese (softened)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 sixteen ounce bottle of tomato salsa
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- Any other vegetables of choice
1. Whip together cream cheese and low-fat mayonnaise and layer on bottom of a bowl or dish2. Layer black beans evenly on top of cream cheese layer.3. Pour salsa on top of black beans.4. Add green pepper and tomatoes (and any extra vegetables) on top.5. Dig in with some baked tortilla chips and or crudité.