Celebrate the season with cocktails, kebabs, dips, more
Be the ultimate host with these holiday recipesPlay Video
It's not too early to decorate your Christmas tree
Use Thanksgiving leftovers to make turkey pot-pies, empanadas
St. Jude kids pass out 'gratitude journals' on TODAY plaza
Turn Thanksgiving leftovers into delicious new meals
Planning a party? Chef Tony Maws of Craigie on Main restaurant in Boston has got you covered. Here, he makes sirloin kebabs, curry yogurt dip, spiced hummus, and prosciutto-wrapped pears with a miso and mustard vinaigrette.
- 1/8 oz maple syrup
- 1/4 oz Hiram Walker "Original Cinn" Cinnamon Schnapps (Becherovka if possible)
- 1 1/2 oz mulled cider
- Top with sparkling wine
Mix ingredients together.
- 2 cups prepared hummus
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Mix all ingredients together and drizzle the EVOO on top.Serve with fresh crudité vegetables (carrots, celery, radishes, cauliflower, cucumbers).
- 4 semi-ripe pears (Anjou, Comice, Forelle), but into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 lb prosciutto thinly sliced (may sub other good quality, salted ham)
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. yellow miso (may omit if not available)
- 1 cup EVOO
To make the vinaigrette:In a bowl mix together the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and miso.Gradually stir in the EVOO.Wrap the pear slices with some prosciutto.Drizzle the vinaigrette on top and serve.
- 2 lb. sirloin tips, cut into 1.5-inch pieces
For spice rub:
- 2 tsp dried onion powder
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder
- 2 tsp sweet paprika (or sweet chile powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (may sub dried but then use only 1 tblsp)
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados, cut into 1.5-inch pieces
- 2 limes
Rub sirloin with spices. Alternately place the meat and avocado pieces onto kebab skewers.Grill over a hot fire until medium rare, approximately 5 minutes.Slice the meat and serve on grilled toast with avocado.Squeeze fresh lime juice on top and serve.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (or other thick yogurt)
- 2 tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Mix ingredients and serve with fresh crudité vegetables (carrots, celery, radishes, cauliflower, cucumbers).