Celebrate the season with cocktails, kebabs, dips, more
Be the ultimate host with these holiday recipesPlay Video
5 New Year's Eve games to play (while drinking)
Hairstyles to help you dazzle on New Year's Eve
Creative holiday hacks to help ring in 2015
Holiday returns to top $20 billion
Planning a party? Chef Tony Maws of Craigie on Main restaurant in Boston has got you covered. Here, he makes sirloin kebabs, curry yogurt dip, spiced hummus, and prosciutto-wrapped pears with a miso and mustard vinaigrette.
- 1/8 oz maple syrup
- 1/4 oz Hiram Walker "Original Cinn" Cinnamon Schnapps (Becherovka if possible)
- 1 1/2 oz mulled cider
- Top with sparkling wine
Mix ingredients together.
- 2 cups prepared hummus
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Mix all ingredients together and drizzle the EVOO on top.Serve with fresh crudité vegetables (carrots, celery, radishes, cauliflower, cucumbers).
- 4 semi-ripe pears (Anjou, Comice, Forelle), but into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 lb prosciutto thinly sliced (may sub other good quality, salted ham)
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. yellow miso (may omit if not available)
- 1 cup EVOO
To make the vinaigrette:In a bowl mix together the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and miso.Gradually stir in the EVOO.Wrap the pear slices with some prosciutto.Drizzle the vinaigrette on top and serve.
- 2 lb. sirloin tips, cut into 1.5-inch pieces
For spice rub:
- 2 tsp dried onion powder
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder
- 2 tsp sweet paprika (or sweet chile powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (may sub dried but then use only 1 tblsp)
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados, cut into 1.5-inch pieces
- 2 limes
Rub sirloin with spices. Alternately place the meat and avocado pieces onto kebab skewers.Grill over a hot fire until medium rare, approximately 5 minutes.Slice the meat and serve on grilled toast with avocado.Squeeze fresh lime juice on top and serve.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (or other thick yogurt)
- 2 tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Mix ingredients and serve with fresh crudité vegetables (carrots, celery, radishes, cauliflower, cucumbers).