Applesauce oatmeal raisin cookies
Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM ET
These spiced oatmeal raisin cookies are the perfect late night snack. You'll sleep well knowing that you’ve satisfied your craving for sweets with applesauce, not sugar.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl and whisk to remove any clumps.
- In a bowl, combine the wet ingredients and mix on low for one minute until thoroughly combined.
- Add dry ingredients in two intervals, mixing on low until just combined.
- Drop the dough in tablespoon-sized balls onto a parchment-lined sheet tray and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until light brown around the edges.
This recipe originally appeared on iVillage.