Two and a Half Men

What's next at 'Two and a Half Men'? Don't ask Jon Cryer

June 13, 2011 at 9:01 AM ET

The ongoing drama over at "Two and a Half Men" continues: Emmy-winning star Jon Cryer told Showbiz411.com Sunday that he's still in the dark about the show's future.

Shooting starts on Aug. 1, and Cryer has heard that the writers are convening, but adds, "They haven't told me anything" about new co-star Ashton Kutcher's character. "But I think I have good chemistry with Ashton," he added.

Peter Kramer / AP /
Jon Cryer, Ashton Kutcher and Angus T. Jones

Former co-star Charlie Sheen's behavior still surprises him; they'd gone through bad patches over their eight years on the show before, but always kept in touch. They haven't spoken recently, however -- primarily because according to Cryer, Sheen keeps changing his phone number.

"He has my number," Cryer told the blog at last night's Tony Awards. "I don't have his."

After Sheen's recent meltdown, which led to his firing from the show on March 7, Cryer remained respectfully quiet about the actor's sudden turn. But starting last week he began opening up, appearing on "The Late Show with David Letterman" to discuss the sudden sequence of events that changed everything for the show.

"It's as much a mystery to me as to everyone, I think," Cryer told Letterman. "We didn't see where it was going. This has never happened before ... nobody was prepared for this."

Do you feel differently about Jon Cryer after learning about the behind-the-scenes at "Two and a Half Men?" Share your thoughts on our Facebook page!

Related content:

TOP