sage-stallone

Sylvester Stallone turns to work to help deal with his son's death

Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM ET

Chris Jackson / Getty Images /
Sylvester Stallone attends "The Expendables 2" premiere at Empire Leicester Square on Monday, Aug. 13, 2012 in London.

Sylvester Stallone is opening up for the first time about the death of his 36-year-old son, Sage, who was found dead in his Los Angeles home in July.

“It’s tough. It’s very tough … it’s a horrible situation,” Stallone, 66, told ABC News while promoting his upcoming action movie “The Expendables 2.”

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Stars We Lost In 2012

The actor explained that he welcomes getting back to work after the loss.

“Time, hopefully, will heal, and you try to get through it, but it’s just something… It’s a reality of life,” he said. “I think it’s important to get back and start reliving your life. Otherwise, you can go into a spiral.”

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Hollywood Dads & Their Adorable Little Ones!

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, an employee and a relative found Sage unresponsive in his Los Angeles home on July 13. When police arrived, they confirmed he was dead, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said at the time.

While the cause of death has yet to be determined, pending autopsy results, investigators have stated there were no signs of foul play or trauma.

Sage – an actor – starred with his father in the 1990 film “Rocky V.”

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Celebrity Offspring

“The Expendables 2,” which also stars Jason Statham, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, Jet Li , Bruce Willis, Randy Couture, Terry Crews, Dolph Lundgren, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Liam Hemsworth hits theaters on August 17.

Related content:

TOP