Gulp! Gwyneth Paltrow's must-haves for spring total more than $450,000
March 22, 2013 at 5:57 PM ET
Mario Anzuoni / Reuters file /
Gwyneth Paltrow is touting her spring wardrobe edit of outfits to fit your busy life.
Gwyneth Paltrow manages to captivate large swaths of the population by telling them how to eat, dress and cleanse their colons. The Goop editor was back at it this week with her "Annual Spring Edit" -- a list of essential style items for the season. Grand total: $458,003.
"Find inspiration for outfits for all aspects of your busy life," the actress and mom tells readers of her website.
So what has Paltrow deemed essential? Let's click around and see.
- For the "Everyday Punk" look, there's the studded leather iPad case by Valentino ($795) paired nicely with some satin-trimmed leather pumps by Gianvito Rossi ($750).
- Wanna look "Pretty in Pastels"? Paltrow calls this your "daytime basic attire," so you're gonna need those embellished shorts by Miu Miu ($2,100). Just don't snag them with your gold, multi-strand cuff by Carolina Bucci ($7,080).
- In the "Maxi at Home" category -- in which "for a night in with guests, a long skirt manages to look dressed up while still conveying a relaxed feel" -- you can maxi your credit card with the Temperley London satin and tulle skirt ($1,615).
- You want to be "Bright and Bold" for "city walks and the school run," Paltrow advises. You're walking in the wrong part of the city if you choose the cheapest item of the bunch -- a neon J. Crew sweater ($78). Luckily there's a metal-framed lizard clutch from The Row to dress it up ($5,950).
- Just in time for March Madness couch time, the "Silk for Slouching" category is "perfect for lounging around on the weekend." Try not to dribble chicken wing sauce on your pants by Chloe ($1,695) or your herringbone knitted cotton hooded sweater by Alexander Wang ($365).
We like to kid Goop-y Gwyneth for directing us to eat kale in $1,500 stilettos. Over at Jezebel, there's a more dedicated eye trained on the woman who brands herself as your "most trusted girlfriend on the web." Check out the site's Do, Make, Be, Barf: The Year in Goop, for example.
More in Entertainment: