TV

'Full House' reboot may be on the way with (almost full) original cast

Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:39 AM ET

Everything old is new again in the world of entertainment. Reboots and remakes are all the rage, and the next classic TV series to rewind back to the good old days could be '80s/'90s fan favorite "Full House" — complete with an almost full original cast.

Have mercy!

According to TV Guide, star John Stamos (Uncle Jesse) — who actually owns a stake in the show — is spearheading an effort to bring it back to prime time. Stamos is said to have original producers on board, as well as the involvement of his co-stars, Bob Saget (Danny) and Dave Coulier (Joey). Even former kid stars Andrea Barber (Kimmy), Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie) and Candace Cameron Bure (D.J.) are reported to be part of the plan.

But what about the famous faces behind Michelle? There's no word on twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen participating, and that's not exactly a surprise. The two are now successful fashion designers and, back in 2012, Ashley told Elle magazine that she wouldn't return to acting.

In January, Stamos hinted at the project during an interview on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live."

"The legacy is so important to us," he said at the time. "Every year, it just gets deeper and more important to everybody. We just have to do it right. We're sort of working on a twist on a sequel, but we don't know if it's going to happen yet or not."

While fans of "Full House" have reason to hope that the show may return in some form, they shouldn't get too excited just yet. So far, Stamos hasn't responded to the TV Guide report, and if his latest tweet is a hint, it might be a good idea to add a little caution to that optimism.

Follow Ree Hines on Google+.

TOP