May 11, 2011 at 1:20 PM ET
• The quest to get a new, Charlie Sheen-free take on “Two and a Half Men” back in the CBS primetime lineup continues. According to Deadline.com, show bigwigs were in talks with film star and former tabloid bad boy Hugh Grant as recently as Tuesday night, but the actor walked away from the opportunity due to the dreaded “creative differences.” Deadline.com reports that CBS hopes to announce a “Men” comeback as early as next week, if possible. Tell us on Facebook who you'd like to see replace Sheen!
• Daytime Emmy go-getter Regis Philbin is already considering options for his post-“Regis & Kelly” free time. One promising opportunity is a spin on “Dancing With the Stars.” On Wednesday’s “Regis & Kelly,” the 79-year-old announced he received an invitation to the ballroom bash. He even has his preferred partner picked out — three-time champ Derek Hough. “What is wrong with two guys dancing?” Philbin asked. “I’d actually prefer you dancing with a man,” Kelly Ripa replied. “Because whoever that poor lady is (who actually gets you), she’s going to have some heavy lifting to do.
• Move over, Colin Hanks! There’s another baddie coming to the upcoming season of “Dexter” — or maybe a good guy. It’s hard to tell. Either way, Mos Def is the latest name to sign on for a muliti-episode arc, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The actor-rapper will play a seemingly reformed ex-con who just can’t get away from the gore.
• "Jeopardy" will feature a special category tonight: high-school photos of celebs! Of course, host Alex Trebek is a star in his own right, so the show has released a photo of a young Trebek.
• Has the "Real Housewives" curse struck again? Taylor Armstrong, who stars in the "Beverly Hills" version of the franchise, is reportedly splitting from hubby of seven years, Russell, according to Us Weekly. The couple's marital problems were featured on season one of the show, and Radar Online reports that the split will play out in the upcoming season. But Armstrong's rep told PEOPLE that the couple has not split. "They're both really committed to making their marriage work," a source told the magazine.