30 Rock

Alec Baldwin confirms he's staying on '30 Rock'

April 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM ET

Ali Goldstein / NBC /

"30 Rock’s" days may be numbered, but Jack Donaghy is staying committed.

Silencing speculation that he could be exiting the hit NBC series early, Alec Baldwin told the Washington Press Corps on Monday that he will continue to star on "30 Rock" through the show’s upcoming seventh season -- which he also said will be the series’ last.

Photos from THR: Behind the scenes of '30 Rock'

(TODAY.com is powered by msnbc.com, which is a joint venture between Microsoft and NBC Universal.)

Baldwin made the announcement while speaking at the National Press Club, where he was lobbying for the nonprofit Americans for the Arts. Baldwin is scheduled to hit Capitol Hill on Tuesday in an effort to encourage Congress to increase arts funding. No stranger to politics himself, Baldwin last year expressed interest in running for Congress -- but for now, he’s sticking with acting.

Photos from THR: 16 Hollywood retirements (and 'retirements')

Baldwin officially signed on for the show’s next season earlier this spring, but many wondered if he would bail. Back in 2009, Baldwin declared that he planned to quit acting in 2012.

Later this month, "30 Rock" will stage a second live episode, having first done so in October 2010. The show’s seventh season is expected to bow in the fall.

Will you miss "30 Rock" when it's gone? Tell us on our Facebook page.

More in The Clicker:

TOP