March 27, 2014 at 3:59 PM ET
1. TODAY challenged Lorraine Pascale, former model and author of "A Lighter Way to Bake," to whip up a delicious three-course meal in 30 minutes. Here's what she came up with.
It was just the latest installment in our Fresh Cooks Live: TODAY's Spring Cookalong series.
2. "I was running away from the inferno, trying to save myself," construction supervisor Curtis Reissig told Savannah Thursday as he described his rescue from a fast-moving five-alarm fire, captured on dramatic video.
Referring to the two firefighters who saved him and joined him on TODAY, Reissig added, "These guys run to and into infernos to try to save other people. I shouldn't even be here. These guys, they deserve all the praise and accolades."
3. No, they're not "Rumours" that Christine McVie is rejoining the classic rock group Fleetwood Mac; she confirmed the news personally to Carson Daly on TODAY Thursday.
McVie also revealed the reason she stopped touring with the band: "I had a fear of flying," she said. "I hadn't flown for 15 years." Just goes to show: You should never stop thinking about tomorrow.
4. Everybody knows the phrase; everybody knows the movie; everyone can hear it in their head: "You've got mail," the three little words that greeted AOL users whenever they had a new message.
But hardly anybody knew the voice behind the phrase, that of Elwood Edwards. Until today on TODAY, that is.
5. Biggest isn't necessarily best. That was the lesson of the latest supermarket ratings from Consumer Reports, which gave the lowest score among the 55 stores in the survey to the nation's largest grocery store: Wal-Mart.
The perfect supermarket? According the ratings, national chains Trader Joe's and Costco and regional chain Wegmans are close to it.
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!