Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM ET
1. “The world remembers Nelson Mandela, a man who rose above hardship to free a country — and changed the course of history," Matt said at the top of this morning’s broadcast.
TODAY anchors, guests and viewers expressed their condolences for the anti-apartheid activist throughout the morning.
“Of all the people I've interviewed, I must say, he had a lingering effect on me,” Tom Brokaw said. “I knew I was in the presence of a great man, and it wasn't just the moment.”
2. "Authenticity is absolutely the key to a great tweet," Dick Costolo told Matt.
The Twitter CEO sat down for his first interview since his company (very successfully) went public. See what he had to say:
3. Do you know what to get the techie in your life this holiday season? Katie Linendoll shared her favorite gifts this year, from speakers to chargers to — er — Twinkie makers.
4. Al lost it on the plaza this morning when he spotted a TODAY fan wearing quite possibly the best Christmas sweater ever created — both coming and going!
5. Did you watch “The Sound of Music Live!” Thursday night? So did the folks at DiGiorno Pizza.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!