Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM ET
1. Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admitted in court Wednesday to using cocaine multiple times in her life, but called claims that she was a drug addict “absolutely ridiculous.”
The trial involves two of Lawson’s former personal assistants, who are accused of spending exorbitant amounts of her money.
2. NBC News investigated a potential hazard to millions of Americans: plastic gas cans that can explode.
Scientists have tested the red containers – which many people use to fill lawnmowers, generators and snowblowers – after the government reported nearly a dozen deaths and 1,200 injuries.
3. Al asked if viewers wanted to see it, and you responded with a resounding “I do!”
When he found out that Matt Greenfield, a TODAY producer, had proposed to his girlfriend (and she said yes!), he urged viewers to tweet their demands to see the video of the big moment. Here it is:
The consensus: An open line of communication is most important to them.
5. What was your favorite viral video of the year? Ray Charles, the blind golden retriever? The baby who cried when she heard her mom sing?
Vote for your top picks for the first-ever Orange Room Awards.
6. Tonight is the annual Rockefeller Center Christmas tree-lighting ceremony. Matt, Savannah, Natalie and Al will be there. Will you?
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!