TODAY's Takeaway: Huffington daughter talks addiction, Al wakes up
Al woke up with his alarm! Jenna Wolfe's about to pop! In case you missed any of today's news, here's TODAY's roundup:
1. Christina Huffington, daughter of media mogul Arianna Huffington, opened up Wednesday about her addiction to cocaine, an “absolutely un-glamorous” abuse that started when she was just 16.
“What I want to show is that addiction can strike, no matter what," she told Savannah.
Arianna Huffingtonâ€™s daughter: Cocaine almost killed mePlay Video
Reese's Christmas trees don't shape up (but still taste good)
Matt, Willie, Al, and Carson shed their #NoShaveTODAY whiskers
See which colleges Malia Obama is considering attending
2 brothers rescue a bald eagle, take an epic selfie
2. Jenna’s about to pop! An 8 ½-month pregnant Wolfe penned a blog for TODAY.com about the homestretch. She writes:
“This baby girl is officially full-term, which means she's already over 6 pounds, about the size of a bunch of Swiss chard (fancy!) and can safely make her way into the world today with everything she's got.”
3. Speaking of babies: Meet the family with 11 boys who tried for a girl… and got another boy.
Couple hoping for a girl welcomes 12th sonPlay Video
Brother and sister battle rare blood disorder with chemo, marrow transplants
Dedicated mom takes college exam while in labor
Too cute! Blog hosts delicious baby chubby cheek-off
Woman advocates for paid parental leave after infant son dies
4. Let the Olympic countdown begin! Sochi is just six months away – perfect timing for an insider’s take on why you should be psyched to see Vonn, White and the newest American stars.
5. Savannah and Matt set their alarms extra early this morning to make sure Al didn’t oversleep (again). The anchors dropped by his earlier show, "Wake up with Al" on The Weather Channel, to check in.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!