TODAY's Takeaway: Dolly's big reveal, Jenna's farewell (for now)
1. Dolly Parton invited Willie down to the Smoky Mountains for a big announcement: Dollywood is getting a $300 million upgrade.
In an exclusive interview, Willie asked the legendary singer, songwriter, actress and entrepreneur when she realized she’d “made it.”
“I feel like I'm just startin',” replied the 67-year-old.
(Isn’t she the best?)
Dollywood to undergo $300M expansion, creating jobsPlay Video
Spielberg, Streisand, Others Awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom
Charlie Sheen Says He's HIV-positive, Paid Out Millions in Hush Money
Hollywood Stars Express Shock, Outrage at Paris Terror Attacks
What Happened When George Clooney Stopped for a Sandwich
2. TODAY fans don’t like tipping. Instead, according to a TODAY.com survey, they think American restaurants should bundle gratuity in their overall bill. Apparently restaurants agree: Some are introducing policies where service is included – no tipping necessary.
Celebrity chef Donatella Arpaia showed her skepticism of the possible shift this morning on the plaza:
“I grew up spending my summers in Europe, where it’s based on this type of policy that they’re working on,” she told Savannah. “The service is not as good as in America.”
Please don't tip! Restaurants roll out new policyPlay Video
London station abandons 'stand on the right' escalator rule
Best Black Friday deals? Here's where to look
Black Friday sales start earlier in stores and online
Storm system blasts Midwest, Plains on Black Friday
3. The father of Newtown victim Daniel Barden said the images of Tuesday’s school shooting in Georgia hit home.
“It is frighteningly similar,’’ Mark Barden told Savannah. “I just feel so deeply for those parents and those children that had to endure that horrific scenario, and we’re just so thankful that everybody emerged OK from that.”
Newtown victim dad: Ga. gunman 'frighteningly similar'Play Video
New Dashcam Videos From Scene of Laquan McDonald Shooting Raise Questions
Man Steals Woman's Boarding Pass, Boards Flight
Chicago Protesters Shut Down Streets
Chicago Protests Escalate as Dashcam Video of Graphic Shooting Circulates
4. Jenna Wolfe is due any day now, which means maternity leave is starting on her blog, too.
“My life's going to change this week," she wrote. "A new word will be added to my bio: Mom."
5. Faith Hill is out. Are Al, Matt, Savannah and Natalie in? The anchors “auditioned” for the "Sunday Night Football" open in a new promo for the upcoming NFL season in (faux) four-part harmony. What do you think? Will they get the gig?
TODAY anchors sing to kick off 'Sunday Night Football'Play Video
Want to dare Dylan Dreyer? Send TODAY your best ideas!
Willard Scott presents milestone birthdays: Nov. 27, 2015
Andy Grammer: Thanksgiving Day parade is an American institution
Getting ready for the Macy's Parade, live from Herald Square
Tomorrow on TODAY: Fan Appreciation Week continues, Jill Martin has Steals and Deals and more.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!