May 13, 2014 at 4:26 PM ET
1. Country music legend Dolly Parton spent the morning with TODAY! From wonderful performances on the plaza to candid conversations about her marriage (now 47 years strong!) and legacy, the icon proved she’s not slowing down anytime soon.
"I've just been dragged screaming and kicking into the 21st century,” she confessed. “It's wonderful that I'm still here. I say I'm as old as yesterday but hopefully as new as tomorrow.”
2. Shelly Sterling, estranged wife of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, told Savannah she will fight “as far as I can go” to keep ownership of the NBA team in her family.
“Why am I the victim when he's the perpetrator?" she asked. "If somebody killed somebody, does the wife have to stand trial too?"
3. Michael Jackson is set to rule the airwaves again with an album of brand-new music, "Xscape," released on Tuesday.
"If he recorded it over and over, then I knew that he loved it," Epic Records’ L.A. Reid told Matt. "I worked with Michael, and I knew that he wouldn't record it over and over unless he really loved it."
4. As part of TODAY’s “Taking Control of Your Money” series, Suze Orman dished out financial advice on everything from college funds to merged bank accounts to financial obligations within families.
5. All anyone wants to know about Emma Roberts’ new movie is what is was like to kiss James Franco.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!