March 24, 2014 at 4:29 PM ET
1. This morning was full of delectable spring dishes thanks to rising food star Laura Vitale. The “Laura in the Kitchen” host joined Carson to launch our Fresh Cooks Live: TODAY’s Spring Cookalong series, demoing her recipes live on TODAY.com.
On the menu: risotto primavera, vegetable and mozzarella salad and blueberry turnovers.
2. When Barbara Crawford got the news at work that her two boys were stranded on an ice sheet last week, she was “petrified.”
“[I] got in my car as soon as I could,” Barbara Crawford told Savannah, of the incident in which her sons were stuck for nearly an hour before firefighters rescued them. “It seemed like eternity before I got there, but it was probably between five and 10 minutes, honestly.”
3. Kim and Kanye’s Vogue cover has drawn a ton of criticism, but Al doesn’t get why exactly.
“I don’t quite understand this controversy,” he joked — referring to his and Willie’s spoof of the magazine. “This is a gorgeous cover.”
4. “Blacklist” star Ryan Eggold revealed an embarrassing secret during TODAY's Take — thanks to some intense interrogating by Al.
5. Natalie’s leading TODAY’s NCAA bracket battle. How does yours stack up?
The stick allows the user to hold the camera camera further away, offering more range than the average selfie. Naturally, Carson and the rest of the TODAY team decided to take the selfie stick out for a test run, resulting in this glorious group shot:
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!